The must read 5 page article defining just what Web 2.0 means which inspired this blog.
Friday, October 14, 2005
O'Reilly: Core Competencies of Web 2.0 Companies
* Services, not packaged software, with cost-effective scalability
* Control over unique, hard-to-recreate data sources that get richer as more people use them
* Trusting users as co-developers
* Harnessing collective intelligence
* Leveraging the long tail through customer self-service
* Software above the level of a single device
* Lightweight user interfaces, development models, AND business models"